I can’t believe we’re now onto Week 3 of my summer reading club! Last week was another exciting week seeing you share your children’s favourite books with me. What a varied selection of entries I had. It’s great to see so much reading happening over the summer, and it’s wonderful to see the enthusiasm your children have for the reading challenges.
I know that the summer holidays can be a really hectic time for families, so I really appreciate the time and effort that goes into every entry. If you took part last week, click here to download their certificate.
For this week’s challenge, I want to look at characters. Characters can make or break a story for us. We can love or loathe a character. They have the ability to make us feel happy, sad, frustrated, confused and so many other emotions. There is nothing quite like seeing the world through the eyes of a character and for children they can learn so much about their own feelings, emotions and experiences through the behaviour and actions of fictional characters.
Week 3 CHALLENGE
Choose a fictional character that you find fascinating! Draw a picture of them that shows off their personality. Tag someone else in your entry that you think would also like to take part.
This week, if you are entering via Facebook, please can you post your entry on the thread of the post, so I can easily keep a track of all entries. I will pin it to the top of my page so that it is easy to find. If you are entering via Instagram, please tag me @thebookdetectives or use the hashtag #thebookdetectivessummerreadingclub
As always, the full list of rules for the competition are posted below.
I can’t wait to see your entries.
Happy reading and thank you once again for taking part!
Detective Lizzie x
Summer Reading Club Competition Rules
A few details about the contest:
- Please post your photos on the thread from Monday 9th August if you are entering via Facebook. I will pin this to the top of my page so it is easy to find. If you are entering via Instagram, please tag me @thebookdetectives or use the hashtag #thebookdetectivessummerreadingclub to make sure I can see your entry.
- Please make sure you are following my account on Instagram or Facebook.
- Please only one entry per challenge.
- UK entries only please.
- Entries will close on Saturday 14th August at 5pm.
- The winner will be announced on Sunday 15th August at 7pm.
- Entries for children aged between 4-11 years please.
- Please note your entries will be shared on Instagram and Facebook to help spread the love of reading and inspire others!